Ohhhhh yehhhh. This is how chicken is supposed to taste. I haven't made an "impress your guests" dish in awhile because we haven't had guests over in 3 months (see: baby). But you better believe that when we finally do start hosting folks again, this will be the dish I serve them. It will go great with the Crock Pot Rosemary Bread that we love!
Yes, it will impress your guests, but not at great cost or effort. You have most of these ingredients in your spice rack already I would assume and slicing up some citrus fruits doesn't take much effort at all! Let the oven do the most leg work so you can clean up the kitchen before anyone arrives! Hopefully you will have leftovers to enjoy because you're gonna want more of this stuff, trust me!
- 4lbs Chicken (we used thighs)
- 2 Oranges, 1 for juicing 1 for slicing
- 2 Lemons, 1 for juicing 1 for slicing
- 1 Onion, medium size
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried or fresh
- 1 tbsp Rosemary, dried or fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a rimmed 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour olive oil mixture on top of chicken taking time to coat very well. Arrange slices of lemon, orange and onion around and under the chicken. Sprinkle all over generously with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour
I didn't marinate the chicken, but you can! Either overnight or just for a couple of hours before cooking. I bet that takes it to a whole other level! Original recipe found here.