Y'all, I saved the best for last! Run to the store for these ingredients because you're about to discover your favorite new soup! Both Matthew and my mom were thoroughly impressed and I have to say, I helped myself to seconds! It has just the right amount of heat and the sweet potato is a wonderful substitute for beans. Really. It's the best soup I've ever made and was very simple to put together!
- 2 tbsp EVOO or Cocnut Oil
- 2lbs Ground Turkey
- 2 cups Red Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tbs Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Chipotle Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prep veggies (potato, onion, garlic) then set aside.
- Heat oil in large pot on medium heat.
- Add ground turkey to pot when oil is hot and break up with spoon or spatula. Cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic then cook another 10 minutes or until onions are translucent and meat is cooked through.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the remaining ingredients, bringing soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer, uncovered, 10-15 more minutes.
This should make approximately 6 servings (unless, like me, you need seconds!)