I snagged this recipe from my friend Laura after seeing it look all delicious on her Instagram feed. I had never made White Chicken Chili before and I'm not sure if I'd ever actually eaten it! What was my problem?!
This meal was partly so much fun to make because I did so while impatiently waiting to go into labor. What a tasty distraction it was! As you can tell from the first picture, I doubled the recipe so that we could eat the leftovers for a few days in case I wasn't feeling well enough to cook. However, in the instructions below the recipe is not doubled. Thanks again for the delicious recipe Laura! We really loved it!
- 1lb Chicken Breasts
- 25oz Chicken Broth
- 2, 15oz cans of Great Northern Beans
- 1 can of Whole Kernel Corn
- 2, 4oz cans of Green Chili’s
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup of Half&Half or Almond Milk
- OPTIONAL: 4oz Cream Cheese
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Leaving out beans (and optional ingredients if you don't have to make the dairy free version), add all ingredients to the crockpot and mix well.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- With 10-15 minutes left, shred chicken and add in remaining ingredients.
- Serve with tortilla chips, avocados, green onions, whatever toppings your heart desires!