Not only is this mouthwatering meal is ideal for frigid Winter nights, it's also very simple to make! And if a woman learning to take care of a newborn claims a meal is easy, you can be sure that it's true!
What I love about this meal is the Rosemary. It makes the house smell so homey and cozy all day long. It conjures up images of a happy family settling down to a full table, with steamy bowls in front of them, all laughing and enjoying one another's company. It's just the kind of meal that warms you up all the way to your heart!
Other than the delicious taste and merry smell, I also love that it required very little effort on my part. That's essential these days! I foresee us having many a crock pot meal as we learn more and more about being parents!
- 3lbs Beef Chuck or Round Roast
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 1 or 2 Onions
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 or 3 Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 tbsp Flour or Arrowroot Powder if making gravy
- Place your beef in the center of your crock pot then pour the beef broth in.
- Season beef with EVOO, salt, and garlic.
- Add in onion, carrots, and potatoes, surrounding the beef.
- Place rosemary sprigs on top of the veggies close to the beef.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Before serving, drain excess liquid. If you want to use it to make gravy, add it to a pan on the stove top then mix in the flour and an additional 2 tbsp of cold water. Heat until it thickens then serve over roast.
I got this recipe from The Functional RD. Check out her blog if you are looking for healthy recipes. Most of hers fit into a clean eating lifestyle and lots are suited for those struggling with autoimmune diet issues.