It may not feel like Fall outside, but that hasn't stopped me from lighting a nice smelling candle called Harvest, decorating with those cute, plush pumpkins from the Target dollar section, or baking these super easy pumpkin muffins. The calendar says it's Fall so it must be!
By the way, you didn't misread the title of today's post. These muffins really do require only two ingredients! I have made them twice this year, the first time just using the two necessary ingredients and the second time I threw in 1/2 cup of walnuts. I also sprinkled in a little extra All-Spice and Nutmeg the second go round. They were delicious both times, but I do think adding the walnuts gave it a little more life. I'm considering making them a third time and substituting chocolate chips instead of walnuts! Or both! Things can get wild in the kitchen of an 8 month pregnant lady!
What other ingredients would you add to these muffins to make them your own?
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 small can Pumpkin (real pumpkin, not pie filling)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup Walnuts, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, 1/2 tsp All-Spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep muffin pans by lining them or spraying them with a non-stick cooking spray
- Mix ingredients well using mixer.
- Drop by rounded spoonful's into muffin tin
- Bake for 22 minutes (you definitely want to bake them this long, they are pretty dense otherwise).
- Will make 18 muffins. Have a few for breakfast, take a batch to your neighbors, or share them with your Bible study like I did!