I actually picked up this simple recipe from my man! College football season is like Christmas to him and every Saturday is an opportunity for "Christmas dinner". Tennessee football makes him happy (and often sad) and making him tailgate foods makes me happy so we take home that W every Saturday!
There are lots of yummy BBQ recipes out there, no doubt, but I love this one because it's all his and because I only need 4 ingredients to make it! That means less time in the kitchen and more time watching games all day.
Do you have a favorite BBQ recipe?! I'd love to try it!
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3lbs Boneless Boston Butt
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Chop your onion into chunky bits and line the bottom of your crockpot with the pieces.
- Place your pork on top of the bed of onions.
- Pour apple cider vinegar on top of pork then cook on low for 8 hours.
- When finished cooking, shred the pork then add your favorite BBQ sauce. Stir it all together and turn crockpot to warm setting while serving.
Put that shredded pork on a bun and add your favorite sides! That's a super easy and small clean-up kind of meal. Perfect for a day when you've got people over to watch the game!