Here's a list of excuses you can use to have a reason to make this AWESOME meal:
- End of Summer Fiesta!
- Start of School Fiesta!
- Labor Day Fiesta!
- College Football season Fiesta!
- You own a crockpot and want to have your friends over Fiesta!
Truth is, you don't really need to look for an excuse to make this meal. Just do it! Do it for your taste-buds alone! I threw this together when we were having company over and prayed there would be enough to have as leftovers the next day because it's just that good! Another one of those crockpot meals that makes being at home all day simply torturous as the aroma of fajitas overwhelms you!
- 2lbs Chicken
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 4 Bell Peppers (red/orange/green/yellow, all will work)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lime Juic
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Start off by prepping your veggies: diced onions, julienned peppers.
- Make your seasoning by mixing chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour half of the can of tomatoes into the bottom of the crockpot then add half of the peppers and onion. Sprinkle in the garlic then lay chicken out.
- Sprinkle your homemade seasoning over the chicken, flipping it halfway through so both sides are coated.
- Now add the rest of the tomatoes, peppers, and onions.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours then shred the chicken.
- Ladle out some of the broth in the crockpot. I did about 2 cups worth. Just throw this away or the fajitas may be very runny.
- Put the honey and lime juice in the crockpot and stir everything well one more time.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings!
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy