The McDaniels seem to have entered into a busy season of life which means I am trying to keep meal prep to a minimum these days. Enter, Lemon-Garlic Chicken! I have only made this recipe twice and much preferred it the second time around (we used less lemon). If you find yourself cramming in dinner between other commitments like we do, this meal is for you! I made it (and the pasta salad) in one afternoon and it will last us 4 days! It's super simple (thanks to my friend the crockpot) and works well for company. Also, the lemon gives it a nice summer taste.
I adapted my recipe from this lady, who adapted it from somebody else (yay internet!). She made it as a freezer meal so if you want details on freezing this to eat later, check it out.
- 3lbs Chicken (tenderloins of breasts)
- 2 tbs Dried Parsley
- 1 Lemon, juiced (I only used half because WOAH a little lemon goes a long way)
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- Combine Parsley, Lemon juice, EVOO, and Garlic to create your marinade.
- Place Chicken in crocpot and cover with marinade.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Pair with pasta, or salad, or pasta salad!
Like I said, we are crazy busy this week so I wasn't able to document making the pasta salad. However, I got the recipe here then morphed it into my own creation. Who doesn't love pasta salad? Here's how I made it:
- 16 oz Penne Pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 jars Roasted Red Peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning (oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, etc)
- Juice and zest of 1 medium sized Lemon (optional, we opted out)
- Just mix all those ingredients together in a BIG bowl (seriously, the biggest you've got)
- Try not to snack on it all day while waiting for dinner!
Together, the chicken and the pasta salad make for a delicious meal that satisfies the tummy and the calendar! Hope y'all enjoy! Have a great weekend!