Just when I feel like maybe I've hit a rut in the kitchen, BAM! Lemon Basil Chicken! It's easy, it's inexpensive, and it's decadent! That lemon/basil/garlic combo is a real winner y'all. Any time you add fresh basil to a dish, it's gonna be GOOD. This meal made me feel like I was eating at a nice restaurant even though we were at the very same table where we ate oatmeal that morning!
I served the chicken over quinoa which soaked up all the yummy juices so the dish maintained all it's flavor to the very last bite! The original recipe was found here, but I made a few minor adjustments. This is definitely a new favorite for us! Fresh and filling!
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled then smashed
- 2 Lemons, sliced thin
- 5 tbsp EVOO
- 2 large handfuls Fresh Basil
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Add 4 tbsp's of your EVOO to a pan and heat on medium until it oil looks wavy. While it's getting hot, peel then smash your 3 garlic cloves. Add them to the EVOO in the pan once it's hot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and add Red Pepper Flakes. Set aside to let cool.
- Now, season your chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then place in a baking dish.
- Pour garlic oil over chicken, turning the chicken to make sure you coat all of it.
- Now add chopped basil and sliced lemon on top of the chicken.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Optional: Broil for 10 more minutes.
Remember, a little lemon goes a LONG way! So don't get too generous with the lemon slices even if you love all things lemon flavored. The basil and the garlic help to dull the sharpness of the lemon which helps round out every savory bite of this chicken! Make sure to serve with quinoa or rice so that you can soak up as much of the flavor as possible!