This recipe is actually my husbands! Matthew introduced me to taco soup very quickly once we started dating. Talk about a tasty Fall meal! Very similar to chili for sure, but still a taste all it's own. We usually make it meatless, but you could add a pound of ground beef or turkey if your taste buds are asking for it.
We used to buy a packet of taco seasoning mix, but this time, I made my own! I got the recipe from The Pioneer Woman. Isn't she the greatest?! Follow her Instagram account. I love it because she is always going on walks and talking to the cows which is what I do.
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 2 cans Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Shoepeg Corn (very important that it's Shoepeg)
- 1 can Rotel
- 3 cans (or equivalent oz's) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (or homemade recipe here)
- Optional: 1lb ground beef/turkey
- Corn Chips
- Drain and rinse all beans then add to large pot
- Add all ingredients other than corn chips to pot and mix together well
- Cook on Medium for 45 minutes
- Serve over corn chips in bowl
This recipe is dairy free unless you want to add a big dollop of sour cream or a sprinkle of cheese to your bowl! We typically dab some hot sauce on top of ours. You can use whatever toppings you prefer to personalize it or eat it plain!