And the sugar just keeps coming!
Anyone else suffering from a terrible case of Christmas bloat?
Please say it's not just me!
I am looking forward to hitting reset in January and getting back to our normal clean eating routine, but I have to share one last holiday treat with you all first!
Amy, my sweet mother-in-law, served us this cranberry side dish at Thanksgiving this year and I've been looking for a good excuse to make it ever since.
Served with goat cheese and crackers it not only tastes good, but makes a beautiful presentation too.
I think she said it's originally a Martha Stewart recipe, but I'm going to give Amy all the credit today!
This dish would be perfect to take to your New Year's Eve get together tomorrow evening!
I'm putting it out to snack on during the Music City Bowl, Go Vols!
It only requires 3 ingredients to make the relish, then you can add your favorite cheese and cracker combo to finish it off!
- 1 bag Cranberries (I used frozen after thawing them)
- 1 Orange
- 1 cup Sugar
- Add cranberries, sugar, and the zest from the orange into the blender.
- Squeeze the juice of the orange into the blender as well.
- Pulse until combined well. I had to use a spoon to mix it between pulses sometimes.
- Chill in the fridge for approx. an hour to let the juices soak up the sugar, then give it a good stir before serving!
I got my goat cheese and crackers at Aldi. Don't you love Aldi?!
And my super cute cheese plate was a Christmas gift from my dear friend Lauren. She gets me!
And with this recipe, my Christmas Treats series comes to an end!
Next week, I'll be bringing you another sugar free crock-pot dinner.
Happy 2017! Hope it's a tasty New Year!